Taxes and Compliance FAQs
Updated over a week ago

How should I pay my taxes when getting paid through Plane?

When you’re working as a contractor, you’ll be responsible for paying your taxes, and we do not withhold taxes for contractors.

Your tax advisor would be the best person to advise you on your local taxes. Sadly, we can’t give you tax/legal advice.

Do I have to fill out the W8 form?

Yes, if your company chooses to collect compliance documents from you, you need to fill in the compliance form, which is the W8 form if you’re a Non-US citizen. Check out this article for more information on how to complete your W8 form.

What is a foreign tax identifying number?

This is the number you use to file your taxes. Here you can find an overview of domestic rules in the jurisdictions for each country and its respective Tax Identification Numbers.

Did this answer your question?